09/11/2013 Link to DSA Pretoria Walk
Why I take photographs:
- To illustrate teachings – good photos bring a lesson alive.
- To tell a story . “The world is not made up of atoms and molecules but of stories” and pictures – if they are good pictures – tell stories that we can relate to.
- Transformation happens to us – and to things around us. We change. Pictures can help us see things as they are, they can remind us what we can be and help us guide and plan the process of transformation in the direction we want it to go. Pictures record history.
- Communication and fun … pure pleasure.
- About 40 years ago I made pocket money taking photographs. I still do.